One of the most common reasons any individual has motivation in life, is from Passion.  Being Passionate, in most cases, is then which leads to success. If you are passionate in general, be it with your career, family, marriage or even of social issues, that is what motivates others.  Taking charge of your life and pushing for whatever drives you, that is what grabs the attention of others. That’s exactly what makes other people want to better themselves, it becomes contagious.

What I do not understand is, the negative feedback of someone else wanting change.  The putting of someone down, all because you do not agree with them. A few months ago, I made a statement that I was going to stop writing articles.  I was sick and tired of hearing the negative feedback, the hatred, it was not worth my time.  

Every one that knows me or has heard my name in the past, knows that I am a very passionate person.  Does it motivate people, yes. Are there people that bashed me or say horrible things about my family because we are different, yes. There are people that take things out of context or twist your words to fit their negativity.  

I didn’t want to be bothered by it, so I thought, I’m done. But then as I stopped writing, we have received an outcry of people saying how we have helped in the change of their lives for the better. I now know, the good definitely out ways the bad.

Then you read in the media, public figures doing things to try and make this world better, more accepting and equal.  They too, are being ridiculed. Why? The biggest statement is by the opposing person “If you don’t like what is going on in this country, then leave”.  My question is, How in the world is equality going to hurt you if it actually happens??? LGBTQ rights, if your not apart of that community, I’m lost how the need of equal rights will result with you to lose yours? Women wanting equal pay, they are not asking to reduce your pay if you do not agree.  What is the issue there?  

Just last week I indulged myself in reading comments on an article over politics about border control. The in-depth article I am not going to bring up, the comments I read, I was in shock.  One woman chastised another for being a foster parent in our country! She assumed this woman had no struggles raising those foster children because she had state assistance to do it. This woman then proceeded to say “I had my 7 kids the right way, I gave birth and did that working 2 jobs”.  

Again, Why are we putting down others who are born into or even choosing to do things differently than you?

My point to this, why are we having a negative attitude towards someone else’s passion of wanting to make a better place for more people?  

I write because living my life within the LGBTQ community, then adopting children of all different descents, I watched first hand how some things need to be better.  We are living afraid at times, being in fear of things we should not. Do you have any idea how many people live that way as well?  

Sadly, it happens way too often, then people are silenced. I decided, I do not care anymore of who does not agree with me or my life choices, I can not care any more. What I am learning is the negative is driving me more now to motivate others to just be nice. What is that saying? If it doesn’t apply, let it fly. If another’s passion does not affect your life, keep it moving, in one way or another.

Popular Posts